Wednesday 23 January 2013

Melt - The World Cafe @ Mandarin Oriental Singapore

Melt - The World Cafe @ Mandarin Oriental Singapore

This is a super backdated post...due to issues with blogger. It had been about three weeks, the problem of uploading photos using IE browser is still not solved which is quite disappointing consider the size of blogger.

We are afraid that if we don't have any new post soon...our readers will thought we give up on blogging...so I installed google chrome....don't leave us!!!!........

Xmas Dinner is a time for restaurant to chop people legally. You can only opt for the buffet dinner with champagne during Christmas and New Year Eve dinner. There is no choice of no champagne dinner. 

Me and my seafood friend....


My date for Christmas Eve Dinner...hee


The cooked food counter..



Sashimi Counter and Sushi counter...the sashimi counter only had raw fish which I don't eat.


The ham and cheese counter...they have 6 different types of ham...you can make your own Italian appetizer platter..

                                                  

The BBQ counter outside the restaurant...they had a suckling pig also...


Who say that buffet plates had to be piled up with food...I decided to make my own fine dining dish...here is my decoration haha...foie gras


 Turkey....

BBQ platter....

 Truffle Pasta...

 Chinese Platter...

  Salmon....

 Cheese and Ham Platter...

My second serving of lobster...I had four that night...yums


The Dessert Counter..

 The Gingerbread House...umm...I think the Gingerbread House that Anning and I make one look nicer...

 My Dessert Platter..


Overall : The spread is good and the service of the restaurant staff is one of the best in Singapore. I recommend you to come here during non-festive period so you had a choice of non champagne buffet dinner which is half the price of the buffet price with Champagne. ($198++, per pax)

Verdict : 4.0/5 for compulsory with Champagne
                4.5/5 for normal period

5 Raffles Avenue
Mandarin Oriental Singapore
Tel : 68853500

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...